Frequently Asked Questions
Press or click a question below to get your answer
Car Selling Questions
- Start by getting your free appraisal by visiting Sell Your Car. We’ll ask for your vehicle’s VIN, mileage, and any extra features, then send you an offer.
- If you accept our offer, we’ll provide you with the necessary paperwork to complete the transaction. All of this is still done from the comfort of your home.
- Upon receiving your paperwork we will send out a third-party inspector to verify the condition of the vehicle.
- Once inspected and we get the green light to purchase the vehicle, we will e-mail or fax an overnight label with a tracking number to send us a properly signed and notarized title (if applicable in your state).
- We will then ask you for your routing and account number so we can ACH payment directly to your bank account. If you prefer to have a certified bank check, we can overnight it to you. You will keep possession of your vehicle and keys until the money is in your account.
Once we receive the title and paperwork, we will arrange payment before we pick up your vehicle. We can overnight the check to you or electronically transfer the funds to your bank account – whatever you prefer.
The offer you receive from CarZoom is valid for 10 days. The offer will not change as long as the information you provided to us is accurate.
No, there is no obligation to sell your car after receiving a quote. Our quotes are free and there's no pressure to sell if you're not ready.
After receiving your no obligation quote on your vehicle you will need to provide the following to continue the selling process:
A clear picture of the current odometer reading from your dashboard.
Clear pictures of the driver's licenses of all individuals listed on the title or registration.
If you own the vehicle outright:
- A clear picture of the front and back of your vehicle's title.
If you have a lien on your vehicle:
- A clear picture of your vehicle's 10-day payoff statement.
- A clear picture of your vehicle's registration card.
If your vehicle has negative equity, you will also need to provide a clear picture of the front and back of a certified check for the amount of negative equity.
Please note that if anyone other than you is listed on the title, they will need to be present at the time of vehicle pickup.
Please contact one of our Concierges before getting a certified check for negative equity so we can tell you the exact amount owed.
Negative equity occurs when the amount you owe on your car loan is more than the value of your car as appraised by CarZoom. This is also known as being "upside down" in your car loan.
At CarZoom, we offer a hassle-free and haggle-free car buying experience. Our instant quote is our best offer, so you don't have to waste time negotiating.
We have been buying used cars from our customers for over 20 years. We have a proven track record of providing fair and competitive prices for your used car. We also offer a convenient and hassle-free car selling experience.
Yes, until your car is picked up you can change your mind about selling your car.
Absolutely, you can learn more about our career opportunities on this page.